Just Imagine

This is where I post just about anything I write, and possibly other things as well later on. Feel free to express your opinions. Enjoy=)

Name:
Location: New Hampshire, United States

I'm from a uncommonly known state in the USA called New Hampshire. I'm a college student right now. I'm witty, sarcastic, and such... So if I make a remark that sounds odd... It'll be most likely my awesome sarcasm ^-^ I am a believer in Christ, I'm happy to say. So, many things you will see here are based on me, my experience and situations in life, and God, and many others things.

Friday, June 11, 2004

The Vulnerable Mind

I wrote this during the first semester of college Freshmen year. I was feeling really depressed and low about college life. I was missing home so bad, I was having roomate problems, and I felt alone, as if nobody wanted to talk to me. It wasn't a good situation for me. So I sat down and started writing. I couldn't keep it inside anymore, I had to get it out. I ended up with this really cool metaphore about the, well... The vulnerable mind=P

When you're happy, your mind is in white fluffy clouds. When you're sad your mind is in gray clouds. When you're angry your mind is deeper into darker gray clouds, which begins to harden up. When you're holding grudges, your mind begins to cloud up, but this time the clouds become heavier with water. When you're depressed, your mind begins to get black, it begins to tremble, more water begins to build up. When you're so full of hatred and jealousy, your mind full of heavy heavy clouds that are the darkest anyone would dare to see, water begins to build up even more so than ever before. You try to let it out peacefully, yet instead it begins to rain not softly but like needles pinching the earth. If you become so full of hatred, so full of resentment, that you just cannot seem to control it, thunder, and even perhaps lightning will begin to take into effect. This time it will not only be your clouded mind who will turn cold, heavy, and threatening, but also your heart and soul.

That is why God is here. To be there for you in times of change, in times of trouble. Not in life in general, but in you, personally. In your mind, your heart, your soul. It is wise to call unto God for help, for strength, but unwise to call unto ungodly materials, living or dead. God is never busy, but man always seems to find a way out of talking to him.

Thus, in any event in which you feel your mind, heart, and soul becoming heavy do not forget, for He is always there.

And when you do call unto Him, your mind turns to white, pink, and the rainbows of colors.

And the needle-like rain falls down like soft pitter-patter.

God never forgets you.
Don't forget Him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

There was a lot of emotion in that writing and i think it definitely describes how most people feel from time to time--like the whole world is gloomy and that you're all alone. sometimes, if i'm having a bad day, i have to consciously remind myself that God can rescue me from feeling so isolated or irritated. it seems that usually people remember God when things are going bad, but forget about him when everything is good. for me it is the opposite. when i have a good day, i always remember that it's God'd doing, and when i have a bad day, tend to get wrapped up in my negative emotions forgetting about Him. thanks for writing that. it's a good reminder to me that God is there always, whenever, and always will be :)

eric

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home